Friday, May 25, 2012

Gnat, Wicker Park, Chicago, IL

Gnat rides a white mystery bike from Working Bikes she calls Baby




Find some of Gnat's creations here.http://www.etsy.com/shop/Gnat12345

Where are you going? Undetermined. I am cruising and thinking. I was actually hoping to hang out with Emily, the cutie in your previous post!
What are you wearing?  Some tight jeans a friend gave me, black tank-top, a sleeve of temporary tattoos, glittery sneakers, my girl's denim jacket, and a glitter-vinyl fanny-pack that I made. I'm a designer, and I make clothes, vinyl backpacks, fanny-packs, harnesses, and bondage gear! I sell my work in Chicago and on etsy.  (http://www.etsy.com/shop/Gnat12345)
Tell me about your bike, and where you got it? A mystery white bike from Working Bikes with glitter vinyl sleeves that i made for it. My bike's name is Baby.
Why ride?  Biking is freedom, sweating is healthy, and it makes me feel alive.  I think that a person is at their sexiest when they are on a bike.  Also, I don't want to pay for the CTA.
Favorite ride? The night I was rode home from Ruby Dee's Bondage-themed birthday party topless, in a purple glitter body harness!
While riding you …? Think about girls, talk to myself about decisions I need to make, and I sing a lot of pop music songs.
How can Chicago improve bike infrastructure or make Chicago more bike friendly? Fill in that pothole on Kinzie before you get to that bridge where people are always taking wedding pictures!
And other cool, funny tips or stories? I'm going to start making some fanny-packs and bags specifically for bikers, because many people have requested little bags for their U-Locks.

Check out Gnat's artwork at http://nbrilm.wordpress.com/

5 comments:

  1. Gnat's etsy link no worky.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Link is all fixed! Thanks for the heads up recs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You captured the beauty of my baby queer...
    but do not like to read she is riding topless at night...
    way too dangerous and could be arrested.
    Keep your clothes on and wear a helmet!
    Nothing sexy about getting hurt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, Gnat is so badass. x

    ReplyDelete