Thursday, September 22, 2011

Annie, W North Ave & N Leavitt St, Chicago, IL

Annie rides a Specialized Globe Carmel all white from Kozy's


Tell me more about you bike, and where you got it? I ride a Specialized Globe Carmel all white w/ black fenders-  bought 3 years ago at Kozy's (her name is Audrey)
Where are you going? Commuting home, but I stopped at Goddess and Grocer for dinner so I can catch the season premier of Glee (yep)
What are you wearing? Loft button down, BCBG skirt and Fluevog's
Why ride? First, I don't own a car, so biking makes getting around cheaper, easier and frankly, faster. Plus, I always see things that I wouldn't if I were taking mass transit
Favorite ride? I did a Frank Lloyd Wright bike tour through the suburbs a few years back and it was great to see all of those amazing homes, but for the city, any route on the boulevards is a great one.
While riding you …? hmm, usually I am singing songs in my head, but mostly I am thankful to not be on the bus.
How can Chicago improve bike infrastructure or make Chicago more bike friendly? Infrastructure, fill potholes.. easy.
In terms of culture - I think better signage would be a great start and not your typical signs, but something more witty, like "We have to share the road, lets' respect each other" or signs that read "before opening your door, check for bikers" 
I wish bikers would stop hating on drivers and vice versa. Honestly, I really wish bikers would take it easy, slow down, stop racing each other (no one is in that much of a hurry) and stop yelling at drivers, those bikers give all of us a bad name.

1 comment: