Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Arit, 900 Block of South Halsted, Chicago, IL

Arit rides a Black Batavus BUB Step Through 3-Speed, from Copenhagen Cyclery


What are you wearing: black canvas lace-up sneakers, my favorite stretchy jeans and a bright green trench that I got on super clearance at an outlet mall. (My bike is wearing a yellow scarf I got as a gift from my aunt 2 years ago)
Where are you going? To meet my mom for brunch at the Sweet Maple Café in Tri-Taylor
Why I ride: It’s the best way to explore the city
Favorite ride: Going north on the Lakefront trail, I love it when you get to Edgewater and everything seems to quiet down
Chicago becoming more bike friendly? More people need to bike. That’s the only way Chicago will be come more bike friendly, drivers need to be more aware that we’re on the road and they can’t ignore us if we outnumber them.

3 comments:

  1. OY A BATAVUS BUB! <3 <3 <3 <3 <3
    oh i LOVE them, i'm desperate for pictures of them in the wild - she's beautiful, her bike is awesome, Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are great bikes. I LOVE that hers has its own scarf.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another Batavus for you Unseelie: http://bikefancy.blogspot.com/2011/02/jason-central-park-and-belden-chicago.html

    ReplyDelete