Sunday, October 30, 2011

Nathan, Logan Square Circle, Chicago, IL

Nathan rides a custom built 1984 Trek 720
You might recognize Nathan from one of your favorite watering holes or as your friendly mechanic at Boulevard Bikes.  His bike is for sale, so call Boulevard Bikes if you are interested!

Where are you going?  I'm on my way to work at Boulevard Bikes
Tell me about your bike, and where you got it? 
This is my second bike, a burgundy custom built 1984 trek 720 that I purchased years ago at working bikes and built up at the bike shop I work at.  I'm actually trying to sell it.
What are you wearing?  I am wearing Red Wing iron rangers, Levi's 501 jeans, Woolrich vest, Pointer Hickory striped jacket and a Hillside chambray scarf.
Why ride?  Why drive? I like to keep my carbon imprint low.
Favorite ride? 
My favorite rides ever were touring through Tuscany, or the ride up the inland sea coast of Japan. However, I think the everyday bike rides even to and from work can be enjoyable.  
While riding you …?  While riding I sometimes whistle or sing. I sometimes also play my iPhone in my front pocket. No headphones though! Too risky. 
How can Chicago improve bike infrastructure or make Chicago more bike friendly?  Chicago can make it safer to bike by more pronounced or protected bike lanes, stricter testing for drivers, letting new drivers know that bikes are supposed to be on the road. Bikers should be more cautious as well.

 

5 comments: