Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Lindsay and Taco, 2100 Block of W North Ave, Chicago, IL

Lindsay rides a vintage All Pro 3-speed (when her other bike has a flat)

Where are you headed?  Me and my dog Taco are headed to pick up an I GO car because I just purchased a dining set at The Ark and needed to bring it home.
Tell me more about your bike and where you got it?  My bike is a tan/brown/orange All Pro that I don't know much about because it was found abandoned in the basement of the Pilsen bar I work at.
What are you wearing?  Vintage polo and Levis cutoffs 
Why Ride? I  bike so I don't have to run on a treadmill in a sweaty gym elbow-to-elbow with tan guido types. AND because it's FUN!
Favorite Ride?  My favorite ride is to work. Its about 5 miles, and it is usually done during rush hour and I love wizzing past all the cars stuck in traffic.
While riding you....?  clear my head. 

 How can Chicago improve bike infrastructure or make Chicago more bike friendly?
I find that the car doors and pedestrians are the biggest threat to us. I guess I would like to see more biker awareness... maybe more naked bike rides??

4 comments:

  1. I might point out that no one has to run on a treadmill, anywhere. I might even be so bold as to suggest that it's really a pretty goofy thing to do, because all it does, I mean all it does, is make you better at running on a treadmill.

    If running on a treadmill is actually a needed life skill, you might be doing it wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a cute pair! i love how everything matches. blonde dog, blonde owner, blonde/cream bike. vintage stripes on bike, vintage stripes on shirt.

    ReplyDelete