Monday, October 3, 2011

Kallie, N State St & E Illinois St, Chicago, IL


Where are you going?  On a work errand to Trader Joe's.
Tell me more about your bike, and where you got it? My bike is a Gulfstream 4130.  I just bought it from my cute little landlord Julio (his son moved out, and as Julio is only about 5', he had no use for it) b/c my dad's hand-me-down mountain bike just wasn't cutting it anymore.
What are you wearing?  Work garb!  A belt I found at a vintage store in Siena, Italy, a skirt from a thift store in Soho, working girl footwear, and lots of black, my usual.
Why ride?  It builds character and makes life a lot more interesting - people are stopping me on the street to take my picture!  Also, I'm living on a volunteer stipend and trying to save money to go to Ecuador.
Favorite ride?  After the lakefront, Lincoln from Albany Park to the Loop!
While riding you …?  I decompress from the day and gawk at Chicago architecture.
How can Chicago improve bike infrastructure or make Chicago more bike friendly?  I tried to take it on the L the other day - not pleasant.  So, making it easier to fit bikes on public transit for when you just can't bike it (but hope to a little later in the day).  

1 comment:

  1. Kallie!

    Great to see you enjoying Chicago. Baltimore misses you! We went away this past weekend to Innisfree and played tennis Saturday and Sunday. Cool and sunny. Say hi to Calvin.

    ReplyDelete