Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Kate, 1500 Block of Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL

Kate rides a vintage Sears step through with coaster breaks.

Love the old school sparkle banana seat


Tell me more about your bike, and where you got it? It's a loaner while my sister has my hot pink Savoy cruiser from the 70's. My girlfriend won this bike in a lottery on Craigslist. She saw it was listed as "free", contacted the guy, and he put her name in a hat with all the other people who wanted it, and she won! 
Where are you going? Just cruising around Wicker Park, shopping for summer clothes. I'm going to roadtrip to Central America for the winter so I need more dresses. 
What are you wearing? A strapless striped purple sundress and light blue open toe flats. 
Why ride? It feels good! I like to feel free to take my own path to anywhere I want to go. It's clean and it's a relaxing way to sneak in some exercise. When you're rolling by at your own pace you notice so much about that city that you would miss in a car.
Favorite ride? I love a moonlight ride from Wicker to Pilsen. I take Hubbard to Morgan and roll through the UIC campus all the way to 18th street.  
While riding you …? think a lot about life and what I want to do, where I've been and where I'm going. Sometimes I talk to myself, just thinking out loud to keep myself company. 
How can Chicago improve bike infrastructure or make Chicago more bike friendly? Chicago is a great city for biking, but I would love more bike-only trails to criss-cross the city. It would be great too, if there were more regular events to encourage biking, something like Critical Mass, but sponsored and promoted by the city of Chicago. 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment