Monday, October 24, 2011

Guys Week at Bike Fancy

Its that time again, when Bike Fancy turns her camera towards the men of Chicago.  So guys– pick up that suit from the dry cleaners, and shave this week.  Or better yet don't, we like a little scruff.

Daehee & Matthew, E Jackson & S State St, Chicago, IL 

Daehee (left), and Matthew (right)

Daehee
Where are you going? I and headed back to school after lunch.
What bike are you riding and where did they get it?
I am riding a Tommaso D&D fixie.  I bought this online last summer and loving it!
What are you wearing? something cheap? haha i don't know i just wear whatever... i'm a super big fan of Adidas classic
Why ride? for commuting and for fun! riding in the city...is just much better than paying $2.25.
Favorite ride? Bianchi Pista
While riding you …? I'm a painter and graphic designer, so I see the perspectives of this and that... and use them as my resources/references for my works
How can Chicago improve bike infrastructure or make Chicago more bike friendly? NEED A BETTER ROAD!

Matthew
Where are you going?  I am going back to work from lunch break.  I work
for NYSE as a developer.
What bike are you riding and where did they get it?  I ride a  Bianchi Pista.  I got it used 3 years ago.  I primarily use it for commuting but recently got a road bike for my first triathlon this year!  
What are you wearing? I’m wearing a Patagonia windshield jacket, Chrome loop pro
knicker, alife everybody low canvas shoes, new era white sox cap!
Why ride?  it's usually faster than cabbing in the city, plus it's
free.  I own a SUV so I feel obligated to ride whenever I can.  =)
Favorite ride?  my serotta tri-colorado!
While riding you …?  I constantly check my surroundings for cars.  I've
had a few accidents with cars, and once my bike got totalled. Since
then I assume everybody's the worst driver when I'm riding.
How can Chicago improve bike infrastructure or make Chicago more bike
friendly?  Fix those nasty potholes!!!
Anything else you want to share?  I run a
snowboarding group in chicago called Windy City Boarders with around 400 members.  We're planning on group riding session in the off season. 

3 comments:

  1. this photo is all about the "'sup girl?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. finally some guys on bikes i've been waiting for this week it should happened more often lol!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hhaaaa, Totally! I think they don't let you graduate high school without mastering that look.

    ReplyDelete