Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Katie G, Winchester Ave, and Iowa St, Chicago, IL

Katie ride a grey On-One Il Pompino CX bike with a black Brooks Flyer S Champion saddle
     Katie Says "I started riding years ago for a more fun, healthy, and inexpensive way to get around the city. A while back, I became more serious about it after a traumatic CTA incident. Now I ride because I have to, in order to keep my sanity. It is very therapeutic and forces me to push myself further and further with each ride. 
     My favorite rides have been ones that have brought me to new places, whether it be hidden corners of this city, or a new city all together. Exploring on bike is exhilarating. In the fall of 2009, I went to Tokyo for ten days with a large group of friends for the CMWC and it was absolutely life-changing. I also love to ride on winter nights when it is snowing. With a hat, scarf, goggles, and headphones, I can completely detach and feel like the only one left in existence, for a short while." 

7 comments: