Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Elizabeth, 1400 W Foster, Chicago, IL

Elizabeth rides a commuter bike affectionately name "Toro" (in honor of her bullhorn style handlebars - complete with pink bar tape)  She acquired the frame - a Schwinn Worldsport - from Working Bikes years ago and since then it has gone through a couple of build-ups.  
Elizabeth Says "I always wear my high-vis yellow jacket (especially on the gloomy and gray winter days) and add reflectivity and lights too! Safety first! Also, a must have addition to my bike was fenders. I have the front fender set back to protect my chain and feet from the maximum amount of slush.  I also love my chainguard -- the SKS Chainboard 

Elizabeth blogs for www.bikecommuters.com and organizes the Chicago Ride of Silence
which she funds from the sale of these calendars  www.emaoriginals.com

5 comments:

  1. Hooray for the yellow jacket!
    Although I've heard the yellow isn't actually high-viz at night...you need reflector strips to be the most visible to cars, which I think is funny because that yellow is SO bright, but I guess it's not actually reflective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesomeeee! =) snow troopers fantastico <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. To all those in the Chicago area and are riding this winter, good to you all.

    ReplyDelete