Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Beth, 2600 Block of N Halsted, Chicago ,IL

Beth rides a Red Electra Amsterdam 3i with Alexander Girard "Madonna" graphics
 
Tell me more about your bike, and where you got it? My bike is a Red Electra Amsterdam 3i with Alexander Girard "Madonna" graphics. I bought it on a business trip to southern California, and my boss and co-worker helped me drag it home on the plane.
Where are you going? I'm headed to a thrift shop in Uptown where my friend Kelly tipped me off to a fresh crop of vintage dresses.

What are you wearing? I'm wearing a well-loved reversible skirt from the Gap and Dansko sandals. Many of my tattoos are by Harlan Thompson of Pioneer Tattoo, Chicago.
Why ride? In addition to being faster, cheaper, good for your health, and great for the environment, I ride because it always puts me in a good mood. I'm never sad on my bike.
Favorite ride? On my way to work: 6:30am on the lakefront path, just after the grass has been cut. The sun is rising and all sorts of little critters and birds are starting to wake up. It's a magical place at that hour.
While riding you …? Smile. Always. There's so much aggression on the road. Be the exception.
How can Chicago improve bike infrastructure or make Chicago more bike friendly? Support for cycling needs to come from the leaders in our community. If the mayor, our aldermen, the police force, etc. show support for biking, then the community will view riding a bike as a safe and reliable mode of transportation. This will result in more people riding bikes and more awareness from drivers and pedestrians sharing the roads.

13 comments:

  1. love her, her bike and her attitude. I agree RE: smiling!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YES! Thanks Beth for being a great bike ambassador. I always return a middle finger with a smile and a wave. Life is too short.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She is so pretty! Makes me want to buy a bike today!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute! Love her views on biking and life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. "I'm never sad on my bike."

    This is pretty much an exact quote I was telling somebody the other day, and I tend to be pretty surly OFF my bike! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sweet bike + ink. Cute to the max.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I used to think buses were the only way to get around, but this profile changed my mind. What a beautiful young lady and a great looking bike! I'm sold!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Look at that smile... mwah!

    ReplyDelete
  9. "While riding you …? Smile. Always. There's so much aggression on the road. Be the exception."


    "If the mayor, our aldermen, the police force, etc. show support for biking, then the community will view riding a bike as a safe and reliable mode of transportation."

    Very, very true , indeed!! Thanks and the very best to you, Beth. ;)
    L

    ReplyDelete