Monday, March 12, 2012

Amanda, N Milwaukee Ave & N Elston Ave, Chicago, IL


Amanda rides a Nottingham mixte rebuilt by Sascha Skolnik.

Tell me about your bike, and where you got it? Sascha Skolnik built it from old Nottingham bike frame imported from UK and painted it beige to match handles, and tires.
Where are you going? I am going to my nanny job

What are you wearing?  Braetan wool coat, Steve Madden boots, Ralph Lauren gray cashmere turtleneck, everything else is Target.
Why ride? I have always lived in big cities (Chicago, New York, Berlin) and driving never really came up. I don't fancy suburbs.
Favorite ride? The Bike path along the Elbe River in Hamburg, Germany
While riding you …? Secretly curse at drivers who honk despite my well-informed biking style.
How can Chicago improve bike infrastructure and make Chicago more bike friendly?  First bikers need to gain respect by not running red lights ever.
And other cool, funny tips or stories? There is a guy in long dreadlocks who bikes in Logan square and bucktown, dunno his name but I always see him riding different  bikes that reach higher than most cars on road.The bikes are always amazing.

1 comment: