Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Tiffany, S Halsted St & W 21st Pl, Chicago, IL


Tiffany rides a pink De Fietsfabriek Oma from J.C.Lind Bike Co. called Pinky Tuscadero


What are you wearing?  
My favorite oversized sunnies for this glorious, sun-drenched January day, a black wool coat made by Hoss Intropia, a Spanish label I adore, my favorite AG skinny jeans and my trusty Frye engineer boots. I should mention I usually wear my Bern helmet as well - but I ran out the door this morning and forgot it.
Make/model color of your bike, and where you got it?
My baby is a pink De Fietsfabriek Oma from J.C.Lind Bike Co (back when his shop was called De Fietsfabriek USA). My dream bike was an amazing gift from my boyfriend, who surprised me with it for my birthday two years ago. I thought he was at work and I was sitting outside having lunch with a girlfriend (who was in on the surprise) and he randomly came walking up with it. The first thing out of my mouth was “Why do you have that bike?” I was speechless and I cried. Her name is Pinky Tuscadero because she’s one tough bitch. One day while out riding, some dude yelled to me “Hey Pinky Tuscadero” and it stuck. It’s the perfect name for my pretty pink tank of a bike. When I wear my leather jacket she becomes Leather Tuscadero. Yeah, I’m a total dork.
Why ride?
I’ve had a bike since I was a little girl, and I can’t think of many times in my life I haven’t had one or two or five bikes at a time. It’s simply the best way to get around. When I travel, I always rent a bike when I can. I've ridden in Beijing, Brussels, Paris, Lido (a small sandbar/island off Venice), Rome, Buenos Aires, NYC, Napa Valley and Amsterdam (which is my favorite city ever - did I mention my boyfriend is Dutch?).
Favorite ride?
I’m a summer girl - so I love riding to the beach and up and down the lakefront on hot summer days.
While riding you …?
Take in the scenery, think about things I need to do and watch out for crazy drivers.
How can Chicago improve bike infrastructure or make Chicago more bike friendly?
It seems simple enough – everyone on the road should be kind to one another and respect each other. I think it would be a great learning experience if ALL car drivers had to ride a bike and all bike riders had to drive a car for a few days. Sometimes it’s good to see things from another perspective.

7 comments:

  1. nice. I wish I could be surprised with a bike like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my beautiful friend tiffany on her beautiful bike = amazingness of a truly high order.

    if i had a tough pink tank to ride around on, i'd probably save heaps of cash. and be totally awesome.

    dig.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely cyclist and bicycle! That pink De Fietsfabriek is an awesome gift and must stop traffic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love this pink bike, especially against the bare wintry landscape

    ReplyDelete
  5. Reminds me of that pink Schwinn that I learned to ride on!! Oh how I hated that bike when I was eight and oh how I wish I had it now!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Pinky Tuscadero name! I so wanted to be Pinky when I was growing up :). Great bike!

    ReplyDelete