Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Carrie, S Halsted St & W 21st Pl, Chicago, IL

Carrie rides a creme Linus Dutchi 8 that she got it at Dutch Bikes


Where are you going? Meeting for brunch with a bunch of other lady bike nerds, which rules. 
Tell me more about your bike and where you got it? It's a cream Linus Dutchi 8. I got it at Dutch Bikes, which sadly closed recently.
Why ride? It's fun and it feels good, and I almost never get stuck in traffic.
What are you wearing?  I made this skirt, my sweater is vintage, thrifted, the Jacket is thrifted, but I think it's Gap. Boots are Fluevog.
Favorite ride? I love riding the lakefront path on fall mornings when it's relatively empty, and taking quiet side streets late at night.
While riding you …? Look at stuff. A bike, especially an upright bike, gives you a great vantage point from which to take in the city.
How can Chicago improve bike infrastructure or make Chicago more bike friendly? At the City level, I like the protected bike lanes, and would love to see some bike boulevards. But one of the things I love about Chicago is what ordinarily people do to make it easier to bike in Chicago, year round, like Bike Winter and all the social cycling groups.
Any other tips? Winter biking is a really good excuse to wear legwarmers!

4 comments:

  1. What a nice bike and great winter dressing. But, you gotta look at some of the new gloves (Isotoner makes some) that have the touchscreen fingertip -- so you don't have to take off the gloves to work the phone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got some little gloves with tips made of conductive yarn! Totally changing my life, though they are not that warm:

    http://www.amazon.com/Text-Gloves-Texting-Screen-Phones/dp/B0068MFTAU/ref=pd_sbs_a_4

    ReplyDelete
  3. What brand of panniers is that? Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Any idea where she got that terrific-looking pannier?

    ReplyDelete