Monday, August 29, 2011

Emily, 1900 Block of N Whipple St, Chicago, IL

Emily rides a Sekine road bike.

Where are you going? I'm going to my friends Dana's house for more wine after dinner.
Tell me more about your bike and where you got it? My off-white 30+ year old Sekine is a craigslist find from a nice guy in Oak Park. It weighs a ton but we've been through a lot together.
What are you wearing? A linen summer dress, Saltwater sandals (best for biking) and my Giro "skyla" helmet. 
Why ride? To get some fresh air, it's faster and more fun than the CTA.
Favorite ride? In Chicago, riding along Logan Boulevard in the mornings makes my day. Though I also love riding through Finkle and Sons, Kinzie/Fulton industrial area and all of Minneapolis is a biker's dream.    
While riding you …? When I'm not commuting, I love to explore and look at all the great buildings in this city. I could ride down Milwaukee avenue a million times and still find something new. 
How can Chicago improve bike infrastructure or make Chicago more bike friendly? I wish there was greater concern for bicycle safety. The city excels at ticketing drivers for red light and parking violations, but where are the cops in the along commuter routes?  And there is so much animosity between bicyclists and drivers (both perspectives I understand as everyone just wants to get home) but there is no contest! Two ton machine versus little ol' me! 

No comments:

Post a Comment