Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mia, W Grand Ave & N Halsted St, Chicago, IL

Mia rides a a Gary Fisher Simple City 3 from Village Cycle Center in Old Town


Where are you going? To work - my office is across from the Merchandise Mart 
Why ride? Why not ride? Riding my bike to and from work automatically puts me in a better mood for the whole day. It just makes me really happy. Of course there are a ton of environmental and health benefits to biking, but I do it just because I love it.
Favorite ride? Oh that's a hard one because there are so many good ones in Chicago! I like riding around the industrial side of the West Loop late at night. And last year my boyfriend and I rode up the the Botanical Gardens from our apartment in Wicker Park, that was pretty amazing.
While riding you …? Smile.
How can Chicago improve bike infrastructure or make Chicago more bike friendly? Bike lanes bike lanes bike lanes! It's always such a bummer to turn on to a street just to realize there is no bike lane.

5 comments:

  1. I have that same bike! Don't you get a ton of compliments?

    ReplyDelete
  2. For those who want to see the bike twin check out Amy's bike:

    http://bikefancy.blogspot.com/2011/01/honore-st-and-wicker-park-ave-chicago.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I had recognized this one, it's such a pretty color. I am glad that you posted the link, Martha, as I had to go back and check it out! I wish I had a twin!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have several bike twins around town. A few nights ago one of them nearly collided head first with me (his fault). After the initial shock, I couldn't help but say "weird, were bike twins!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi All,
    I know this is a shot in the dark, but I recently had my lovely Gary Fisher Simple City 8 that I was borrowing from a friend, get stolen. I have been doing everything I can, searching high and low, to find a replacement for her, but to no avail as they don't make them anymore. I was just wondering if any of you Gary Fisher lovers had any idea if they are still being sold anywhere, or if you would be willing to part with yours for the right price? Again, I know it's a crazy ask, but I'm just trying to do anything I can to replace this bike for my friend! Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete