Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Martha, El Raval neighborhood of Barcelona, Spain

Rental bike from Barcelona Rent a Bike. Photo: Jeremy Bolen

Barcelona is an ideal city to explore by bike.  Not only do they have well established cycle tracks and bike lanes— they have a massive bike share system with the coolest looking shared bikes on the planet.  Check out tomorrows post to see what I am talking about.  We opted to rent bikes at Barcelona Rent a Bike because is was the closest place to our hotel, but there are many good bike rental spots scattered throughout the city.  We managed to pop our "puncture-resistant tires" by running over glass, and I learned a universal truth: No matter what country you are in, bike shop employees have the power to make you feel like and idiot.  "Geez bike shop guy, I have ridden a bicycle before, and I know you should avoid glass, but it was just everywhere."
 ** Side note– my bike shop, Boulevard Bikes, doesn't make me feel like an idiot.  

For the sartorially minded I am wearing a thrifted navy and white striped shirt, American Apparel high-waisted shorts, and Worishofer 251 Sandals.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Barcelona...I did a bike trip there last summer, and it was the best time. Even with the bike shop employees. Although I thought that might also have been because my Spanish leaves a little something to be desired...especially when talking about bikes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look cool and happy, Martha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. One could really learn about the culture of the place through blogs like this. Takes for taking the time to make this.

    summer study abroad in spain

    ReplyDelete