Friday, July 20, 2012

Songbird, W Illinois St & N Franklin St, Chicago, IL

I'm back from vacation! Europe was wonderful and has lots of infrastructure elements I would love to see brought to Chicago.  Look out next week for travel photos!  


Lauren rides a 1960's Schwinn Jaguar cruiser rebuild from craigslist.


What are you wearing?
This dress is a resale find and the flats are from Diana's shoes
Make/model color of your bike, and where you got it?
This is Bruiser the Cruiser.  It's a 1960's Schwinn Jaguar frame - a good craigslist find that I powder-coated and re-built.  I started riding it when I resolved to stop living my life as a teenage boy on a fixed gear with a giant messenger bag, and started embracing adult womanhood.  I've never looked back.
Where are you going? I'm on my way to work.
Why ride? There are a million reasons - I'm no Republican. 
The best thing about a biking commute is getting a chance to be outside and get a little wild before and after the tameness of sitting at work all day - I strongly recommend this ritual to anyone concerned about becoming a work zombie!
Favorite ride?
My favorite ride is any ride where the wind is at my back.  A rare and beautiful phenomenon.
While riding you …?
whistle, get a good look at things.
How can Chicago improve bike infrastructure or be more bike friendly?
I think the city needs to take a little more responsibility for raising awareness.  Post signs about the separated bike lanes - people don't realize they're about to cut off a bike when they turn across them.  Actually, more signs about watching out for bikes in general.  There should be a sentence on every parking sign about looking before you fling your car door open too.

2 comments:

  1. For what it's worth, adult womanhood suits you. Hot bike and hot rider.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This gal is pure hotness!

    ReplyDelete