Monday, April 18, 2011

PET WEEK at Bike Fancy!

In honor of my dog's adoption day, it is pet week at Bike Fancy.  This week is completely devoted to cyclists riding with their pet(s).  So far, I've only found dogs and their owners, but please let me know if you know anyone that bikes with other pets.  





I've been scouring craigslist in the hopes of finding an affordable 50 lbs. + dog carrier for my pup by the end of the week.  Please let me know if you hear of one out there for sale.  We've got lots of dog beach trips planned.  


6 comments:

  1. last summer, my girlfriend and I did a tour into the Berkshires and while riding on a small rail trail between Massachusetts and Connecticut, saw a middle aged couple towing a baby stroller with two terriers sitting placidly in the child seat looking happy as can be. it was surprisingly adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sounds unsurprisingly adorable ; )

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea for a ride! Riding with your pet would be good as a charity fund raiser for the SPCA, or for the poor homeless animals in tsunami swamped Japan. I've only seen cats, dogs and once a parrot enjoying a ride before, but the year is young!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been out of town, and I've missed these posts. What great ideas. I would also like to see how your trailer works out. We have the two of them so we wanted something in front of the bike, just so we can watch them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've gotten a pet carrier and will be posting a follow up this week. So excited!

    ReplyDelete