Friday, June 1, 2012

Claire, N Hoyne Ave & W Pierce Ave, Chicago, IL

Hey Chicago, how about a little sunshine on a rainy day!
Claire ride a vintage Gitane mixte built up by a friend 

What are you wearing?  A thrifted men's button-down tied over a tank top, J. Crew pants, Repetto flats and my favorite vintage leather bag. your bike, 
Tell me about your bike, and where you got it? I ride a single speed with an old Gitane frame.  My friend Brent (who works at Johnny Sprockets) helped me acquire parts, built it up and gave it a custom John Deere blue and green paint job.  In my head, I call my bike "Goldfish."
Where are you going? An art opening in Wicker Park 
Why ride? It's so fun.
Favorite ride? Through A. Finkl and Sons late at night
While riding you …? Sing to myself and yell at jerks ;-)
How can Chicago improve bike infrastructure or make Chicago more bike friendly?  I applaud the new protected bike lanes, like the one on Jackson - add more of those!  They provide car door-fear-free portals of safety through the city.

1 comment:

  1. I love Montreal especially Old Montreal. Enjoy your trip. If I get the chance to go again - I will decinitley bike there.

    ReplyDelete